Sunday 8 January 2012

Episode 7: Wii Kinect to our robot avatars!

    This is the coolest thing I've seen all year! Some guy called Taylor Veltrop uploaded this video to youtube with this caption:
"This is the culmination of my last year's work. I control the robot's arms through the Kinect and Wii remotes. I control the robot's navigation through the Kinect and treadmill. I control the robot's head through the head mounted display (HMD). I also see through the robot's eyes with the HMD.

After doing this exercise, it became apparent that the next feature to add is hearing and speaking through the robot. Luckily both the NAO and my HMD have microphones and speakers so this shouldn't be too difficult.

This was the second try accomplishing brushing the cat. On the first try we discovered that the positioning of the brush in NAO's hand needed to be flipped 180 degrees from the intuitive direction."
       The video speaks for itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: